Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mediation | Days 13-15

I went to bed way late last night (Christmas' fault) and decided to meditate while falling asleep. I was too lazy/tired to even sit up in bed and felt a bit guilty. But I felt more connected to God and His voice than I have these last 2 weeks while practicing meditation. I meditated on the same thing my friend has been meditating on: words from "O Holy Night." I couldn't really remember the words in the right order, but the phrase "the soul felt its worth" was very strong in my mind. And even through this day it is playing in my mind and I feel like it is teaching me something about God's gift of His Son. When Christ appeared as human on this Earth...the soul felt its worth. My soul has worth because of God and His life in me. May we feel our worth. My daily strivings do not give me worth....it is God and God only. I feel like I am pining (to use another word from that song) to get closer and realize and experience God. And he is saying, "Just let go. I've got you. We're together."


My emotions are intense today. I am experiencing meditation on a new level. I feel like I could fall apart at any moment and meditation is keeping me grounded. God is all I have to hold on to. It is bliss to come back to His altar every few minutes to breathe and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment