Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Meditation | Days 1 & 2

The first inward spiritual discipline that Foster writes about is meditation. I’ve decided to explore this in two ways: Yoga and Scripture. The last two mornings I’ve risen early enough to start my day with a 20-minute yoga session and chosen John 5:19 to meditate on:

“The Son does nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever he does, that the Son does likewise.”

 I’ve also been repeating this scripture when I find a pause in the day such as on my drive to and from work, in between projects at the desk, when I’m pumping milk for baby Benjamin (hey, I can't do anything else but stare at the wall), when I take a sip of water or coffee. I'm enjoying this probably because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. But I really want to receive only what God has for me. Not a false sense of righteousness. I'm doubtful of my feelings and motivation. I am doubtful of my ability to continue this. It's so easy to pat myself on the back.

But I'm thankful that something has stuck with me these past 2 days. I keep thinking and praying, "God, what are you doing that I should see? Help me to see what you're doing so that I may do likewise." It's something to draw me closer and keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment